Western Melbourne Catchments Network (WMCN) is not one group but an amalgamation of past groups and a network of groups concerned about our natural environment.
WMCN is a not-for-profit association for individuals, groups and organisations that share an environmental vision for the wider Werribee catchment. WMCN:
- unites, strengthens and resources people, groups and agencies,
- advocates for the protection, management and enhancement of natural heritage,
- gathers resources for the implementation of the vision across the catchment.
- is well resourced, well-researched, well-connected and speaks fearlessly to promote the shared vision of its members.
What We Do
Work together with local Councils and other organisations to support:
- Landcare and Friends groups
- Community groups
Attending Community Events
- Planting days
- Wildflower and nature walks
- Education and information sharing
- Adovacting for natural places
- Reviewing planning documents
- Caring for natural places